- salt and pepper to taste
- a little pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, cut into rings
- 1 tsp. mild mustard
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 dl cream, whipped until stiff
- 25 g butter
- 0.75 dl milk
- 75 g white flour
- 2 tbsp. chervil leaves
- 1 dl dry white vermouth (e.g. Noilly Prat)
- 125 g plain organic cream cheese
- 1 bunch radish, cut in half and then into thin slices
- 1 litre vegetable bouillon hot
- 50 g grated Gruyère
- 50 g cress, finely chopped
- 150 g celery, cut into 7-mm-wide pieces
- 100 g mini mange-tout, cut diagonally into thin strips
Bring the milk and butter to the boil and reduce the heat. Add all of the flour and cheese at once, stir with a ladle for approx. 1 1/2 mins. until a smooth dough is formed which separates from the base of the pan.
Remove the pan from the heat, season. Gradually stir in the eggs until the dough is soft but not runny. Using 2 teaspoons, divide onto an oven tray lined with baking paper, creating 12 sufficiently well-spaced mounds each approx. 3 cm across.
Bake/dry for approx. 30 mins. in the centre of an oven preheated to 180°C. Don't open the oven at all! Then allow to dry out in the switched-off oven with the door propped ajar for about 15 mins. Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little on a cooling rack.
Filling: Combine the cream cheese, mustard and cress. Carefully fold in the whipping cream, season. Cover the mixture and leave to chill for approx. 30 mins. Halve the Gougères crossways and divide the filling into them.
Heat the oil and sauté the shallot and garlic. Add and sauté the celeriac. Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat. Cover the soup and simmer for approx. 15 mins., add the sugar snaps and simmer for approx. 3 mins. Add the Noilly Prat and radishes and heat gently, season. Plate up the soup and sprinkle with chervil. Serve with the Gougères.
- Vegetable Dishes
- 2h 15 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 60m + Allow to dry: ca. 45m + Refrigerate: ca. 30m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 408 Kcal