- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 0.5 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1.5 dl vegetable bouillon
- 1 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 1 dl single cream
- 300 g white flour
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1.5 dl carrot juice
- 3 spring onions, incl. green parts, onions coarsely chopped, greens cut into rings
- 400 g kohlrabi, cut into 7-mm-thick slices
- 300 g carrots, cut into sticks
- 150 g semi-hard cheese (e.g. mature Tilsiter), coarsely grated
Mix the flour and salt in a bowl and create a hollow in the middle. Combine the carrot juice and eggs, pour little by little into the trough, stirring, then mix with a ladle and beat until the dough turns glossy and starts to bubble. Cover and leave to combine at room temperature for approx. 30 mins. Press the dough in batches through a sieve into the gently boiling salted water. Allow the Knöpfli to steep until they rise to the surface, remove with a slotted spoon, drain.
Heat the oil in a wide-bottomed pan. Sauté the spring onions, kohlrabi and carrots, pour in the stock, cover and simmer for approx. 5 mins., add the cream, season. Divide the Knöpfli, vegetables with their cooking liquid and half of the cheese into the prepared dish. Scatter over the rest of the cheese.
Gratinate for approx. 25 mins. in the centre of an oven preheated to 200°C. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Vegetable Dishes
- 1h 40 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 45m + Allow to swell: ca. 30m + Gratinate: ca. 25m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 638 Kcal