- salt and pepper to taste
- a little pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 dl vegetable bouillon
- 2 dl full cream
- 250 g mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 0.5 dl Cognac
- 4 veal medallions (each approx. 160 g and 3 cm thick)
- 8 smoked ham in slices
- 4 piece kitchen twine (approx. 40 cm each)
Wrap each piece of meat in 2 slices of ham and tie with cooking string. Coat the meat with oil, season. Preheat the oven to 80°C, warm the platter and plates. Heat a griddle or frying pan. Grill the meat on both sides for approx. 3 mins. each side, transfer to the warmed plate and insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part.
Approx. 30 mins. in the centre of the oven. The core temperature should be around 55 °C. The meat can then be kept warm at 60°C for up to 1 hour.
Heat the oil in a pan, stir fry the shallot and mushrooms for about 3 mins. Pour in the cognac, allow to reduce by half. Pour in the stock and cream, simmer for approx. 5 mins., season, arrange on the warmed plates with the medaillons.
- 1h Preparation/cooking time: ca. 30m + Low-temperature cooking: ca. 30m
- Servings For 4 servings
- Nutrition 533 Kcal