- a little pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 litre water
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- a little butter
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 mango (e.g. Primagusto)
- 1 stick lemon grass, core of the vegetable finely chopped
- 1 sweet potatoes (approx. 200 g), cut into pieces
- 1 bunch coriander, a little set aside, the rest finely chopped
- 20 g cashews, roasted, finely chopped
- 200 g baguettes, cut into 1-cm-thick slices
Dice approx. 100 g of the mango, cover and set aside. Cut the remaining mango into chunks. Melt the butter. Sauté the onion. Add the mango and sweet potato chunks and sauté them too. Add the lemon grass and briefly continue to sauté. Pour in the water, bring to the boil, season. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for approx. 20 mins. over a medium heat until soft. Puree the soup, strain if necessary. Add the reserved diced mango, simmer for about another 5 mins.
Mix the coriander and remaining ingredients with a little pepper. Stir in the oil, adding a little at a time. Place the baguette slices on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
Bake for approx. 5 mins. in the centre of an oven preheated to 220°C.
- Soups / Casseroles
- 45 mins Preparation/cooking time: ca. 45m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 351 Kcal