- salt and pepper to taste
- a little pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. rosemary, finely chopped
- saltwater, boiling
- 1 aubergines (approx. 300 g), cut into 1-cm-thick slices
- 0.25 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp. oregano, finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 150 g long-grained rice
- 4 slices fried bacon
Coat both sides of the aubergine slices with oil. Heat the griddle. Grill the aubergines in batches for approx. 3 mins. on each side, season and keep warm.
Warm the oil, sauté the pepper and shallot for approx. 5 mins. For the dressing, stir together the balsamic, oil and herbs, season.
Cook the rice in salted water for approx. 20 mins. until soft, drain and mix with the vegetables and the dressing. Plate up the rice salad with the aubergines. Fry the bacon until crisp, serve alongside.
- Rice and Potato Dishes
- 40 mins Preparation/cooking time: ca. 40m
- Servings For 2 people
- Nutrition 340 Kcal