- 1.5 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 clove of garlic, pressed
- 0.5 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 red chilli pepper, insides removed, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. ground raw sugar
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter, liquid
- 4 chicken legs, cut in half
- 1 bag pieces of coconut (approx. 80 g), chopped
- 1 papaya, cut into quarters lengthways and then across into 1-cm-thick slices
- 200 g Chinese cabbage, cut into strips
- 1.5 tbsp. coriander, finely chopped
Combine the butter with the remaining ingredients and a little salt. Use to coat the chicken, pressing one side of each piece into the shredded coconut. Place the chicken on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
Bake for approx. 40 mins. in the centre of an oven preheated to 180°C.
For the sauce, mix the lime juice with the remaining ingredients and chilli in a bowl. Add the papaya and leave to steep for approx. 15 mins. Carefully stir in the Chinese leaves and coriander. Serve the coconut-crusted chicken with the papaya salad.
- 1h 20 Bake: ca. 40m + Preparation/cooking time: ca. 40m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 424 Kcal