- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 3 dl vegetable bouillon
- 3 tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 tbsp. herbal wine vinegar
- 0.5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. mild paprika powder
- a little oil to fry
- 8 short wooden skewers
- 150 g pre-cooked durum wheat (Ebly)
- 2 spring onions, incl. green parts, onions finely chopped, greens set aside
- 1 bunch radish, cut in half and then into thin slices
- 1 bunch peppermint, a little set aside, the rest finely chopped
- 24 dried sweet apricots (ca. 210 g)
- 500 g chicken breasts, cut lengthways into 5-mm-thick strips
- 0.5 dl chicken bouillon, boiling
- 2 tbsp. mild curry powder
Heat the oil. Sauté the onions and garlic. Add the Ebly wheat and cook for a further 2 mins. approx. Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for approx. 10 mins. then leave to cool completely in a bowl.
Stir in the vinegar and oil. Finely chop the reserved green part of the spring onions, add with the radish and peppermint, season.
Pour the boiling hot stock over the apricots, cover and allow to steep for approx. 10 min.
Place the chicken strips on the skewers in an undulating pattern, with 3 apricots each. Combine the curry and remaining ingredients including the lemon juice and mix well. Coat the chicken all over with the mixture.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, reduce the heat. Fry the skewers in batches over a medium heat for about 4 mins. on each side. Arrange the chicken skewers and mint & Ebly wheat salad together and garnish with the reserved peppermint.
- 50 mins Preparation/cooking time: ca. 50m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 609 Kcal