- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 onion, cut into thin strips
- 520 g white flour
- 1.5 tsp. sugar
- 0.75 cube yeast (approx. 30 g), crumbled
- 3 dl lukewarm water
- a little olive oil to baste
- 100 g ham in slices, cut into strips
- 150 g cooked beets, cut into small cubes
Combine the flour, salt and sugar. Dissolve the yeast in water and add to the flour with the oil. Knead to a soft dough using the dough hook of a hand mixer. Cover and leave to rise at room temperature for approx. 1 hour until double in size. Heat the oil, fry the ham and onions for approx. 1 min., add the beetroot and fry for approx. 2 mins., stir in the herbs, season with salt. Using your hands, press the dough flat on a surface dusted with a little flour (approx. 2cm thick). Spread the ham & beetroot mixture over the dough and roll it up. Place the rolled bread with the seam downwards on an oven tray lined with baking paper, brush with oil.
Bake for approx. 25 mins. in the lower half of an oven preheated to 220°C.
- 1h 55 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 30m + Allow to rise: ca. 60m + Bake: ca. 25m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 783 Kcal