- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 fresh egg yolks
- 0.5 lime, use only the juice
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 125 g white flour
- oil to deep-fry
- 2.5 dl water, ice-cold
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 red chilli, cut diagonally into rings, insides removed
- 1 carrots (approx. 80 g), finely grated
- 125 g mini Thai aubergines, cut in half lengthways or into quarters
- 100 g oyster mushrooms, cut lengthways into thin pieces
- 160 g mini peperoni, cut lengthways into sixths
Bring the water and sugar to the boil and reduce the heat. Reduce, uncovered, to a syrup-like consistency then leave to cool. Stir in the lime juice and fish sauce. Mix in the chilli, garlic and carrot.
Shortly before frying, dust the vegetable strips with a little flour.
Combine the egg yolk and water in a bowl. Mix the flour and salt together, add and stir well. Continue processing the dough immediately. Pre-heat the oven to 60°C. Warm the platter.
Shallow fry: Fill the frying pan to a depth of approx. 3 cm with oil and heat to 180 °C. Individually run the vegetables through the batter, using a wooden skewer, and drain off any excess. Shallow-fry the vegetables for approx. 1 1/2 mins. on each side until light brown and place on kitchen paper to remove the excess oil. Keep the vegetables warm, holding the oven door ajar with a ladle handle.
Serve the sweet chilli dip alongside.
- Mini Bites / Finger Food
- 40 mins Preparation/cooking time: ca. 40m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 460 Kcal