- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp. ginger, finely grated
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp. ground raw sugar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- oil to deep-fry
- 2 spring onions, incl. green parts, cut into thin rings
- 1 tbsp. dried Mu-Err (wood ear) mushrooms, soaked, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 dl light rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- peanut oil to stir-fry
- 1 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 12 spring roll pastry wrappers (ca. 16 cm Ø)
- 1 red chilli, insides removed, finely chopped
Heat the oil in a wok or a wide-bottomed frying pan. Fry the sprouts and all ingredients including the mushrooms for approx. 4 mins. Add the soy sauce and fry for a little longer. Stir in the the vinegar and sesame oil and leave to cool. Add the ginger.
Filling: Place 1 sheet of rice paper in warm water and lay out on a damp kitchen towel. Place approx. 1/2 tbsp of the filling on the lower half of the sheet. Fold over the sides of the rice paper then roll from the bottom up. Cover with a damp kitchen towel until ready to fry. Shape the remaining rolls in the same way.
Shallow fry: Fill the frying pan to a depth of approx. 3 cm with oil and heat. Reduce the heat and fry the spring rolls in batches for approx. 1 min on each side until golden yellow. Remove, drain and keep warm on a plate.
Combine the vinegar and the remaining ingredients including the chillies and mix well. Serve the sweet chilli sauce with the spring rolls.
- Mini Bites / Finger Food
- 40 mins Preparation/cooking time: ca. 40m
- Servings For 12 pieces
- Nutrition 87 Kcal