- a little pepper
- clarified butter to fry
- 0.75 tsp. salt
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 0.25 tsp. sugar
- 75 g butter, soft
- 1 dl water
- 0.5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 organic lemon, use grated zest and 2 tsp of juice
- 0.5 tbsp. Crema di Balsamico
- 2 rack of lamb (approx. 350 g each)
- 1 kg green asparagus, lower third peeled, cut diagonally into quarters
Combine the lemon zest and juice with honey. Combine 1 tsp with the soft butter, season with salt. Set aside the remainder for the meat marinade. Paste the butter onto a sheet of foil to a thickness of approx. 1 1/2 cm. Mix the remainder with the balsamic, season and distribute over the butter. Roll the butter up then chill for approx. 2 hours.
Combine the reserved lemon & honey mixture with olive oil, garlic, thyme and pepper. Coat the lamb racks with the mixture, cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for about an hour. Pat off some of the marinade, salt the meat. Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan, then turn down the heat. Over a low heat, brown the meat all over for approx. 15 mins., only turning when a crust has formed. Turn off the hob, cover the lamb racks and leave to steep for approx. 15 mins. on the hot hob (the core temperature should be around 55°C).
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Sauté the asparagus, season with salt. Add water, lemon juice and sugar and simmer the asparagus for approx. 20 mins. until almost soft.
- Lamb / Game
- 4h Preparation/cooking time: ca. 60m + Refrigerate: ca. 120m + Marinate: ca. 60m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 599 Kcal