- a little peanut oil
- 2 clove of garlic, cut into thin slices
- 1 onion, cut into segments
- 2 tbsp. Oriental spice mix
- to taste salt
- 500 g leg of lamb, cut into 1-cm-wide strips
- 250 g long-grained rice
- to taste pepper
- 4 dl meat bouillon
- 0.5 lemon, cut in half
- 2 tbsp. peppermint, broken into pieces
- 100 g dried sour apricots, cut in half
Mix the oil and spice mixture well in a bowl. Add the meat, mix, cover and marinate for approx. 30 mins.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Brown the meat in batches for approx. 1 1/2 mins. per batch, remove from the pan, season with salt. Reduce the heat, wipe the remaining cooking fat from the pan, add a little oil if necessary. Sauté the onions, adding the garlic for a short time. Add the rice, steam while stirring until translucent. Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat. Return the apricots and meat to the pan, cover and simmer for approx. 20 mins. without stirring, until all the liquid has reduced.
Season the lamb pilaf, plate up, drizzle with lemon juice and scatter with mint.
- Lamb / Game
- 1h 5 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 35m + Marinate: ca. 30m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 505 Kcal