- a little pepper
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 3 dl red wine (e.g. Naturaplan organic, Corbières AOC Grande Réserve Château Pech-Latt)
- 1 organic lemon, use only the zest, thinly peeled
- 1 dl black tea, freshly prepared
- 1 organic orange, use only the zest, thinly peeled
- 2.5 tsp. brown Maizena Express cornflour
- 50 g butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 2 duck breast (approx. 250 g each)
Over a high heat, reduce the tea and remaining ingredients including the sugar to approx. 200 ml. Strain the liquid, return to the pan and bring to the boil. Stir the cornflour into the hot liquid and cook for approx. 2 min.
Remove the pan from the hob. Add the butter in batches, stirring. Briefly return the pan to the hob a few times to barely warm the sauce; it must not boil. Stir until the sauce is creamy, season.
Cut a cross into the fatty layer of the duck breasts and season the meat. Place the duck breasts in a cold frying pan, with the fatty layer facing down. Heat the pan and fry the duck breasts for approx. 7 mins. over a medium heat, until the fatty layer is crisp. Turn the duck breasts and fry for about another 7 mins.
- Lamb / Game
- 45 mins Preparation/cooking time: ca. 45m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 443 Kcal