- a little pepper
- 0.75 tsp. salt
- 1 organic lemon, cut into segments
- 3 tbsp. white flour
- 2 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 dl vegetable bouillon, cooled down
- to taste salt and pepper to taste
- 50 g Parmesan, finely grated
- 500 g catfish fillets, cut across into 2-cm-wide strips
- 2 bunch peppermint, leaves broken into pieces
- to taste clarified butter to fry
- 2 fresh eggs, whisked
Place the peppermint and remaining ingredients with the stock in a small measuring jug, puree. Stir in the oil, season.
Empty the flour onto a plate. Beat the eggs in a deep bowl, mix in the cheese and season. Season the fish strips with salt, coat with the flour, shake off the excess and coat with the egg & cheese mixture.
Heat the clarified oil in a non-stick frying pan and reduce the heat. Fry the fish in batches over a medium heat for approx. 2 1/2 mins. each side. Serve the fish piccata with the peppermint sauce and lemon wedges.
- 35 mins Preparation/cooking time: ca. 35m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 342 Kcal