- 100 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp. Maizena cornflour
- 1 bag vanilla sugar
- 3 egg yolk
- 3 egg white
- 150 g sponge fingers, finely crushed
- 80 g butter, soft
- 1 organic lemon, use half of grated zest and 2 tbsp of juice
- 400 g cream cheese (e.g. plain Philadelphia)
- 100 g red currants
Mix the sponge fingers with butter, lemon zest and juice. Divide the mixture into the prepared tin, press down firmly, chill for approx. 30 mins.
Combine the cream cheese and the remaining ingredients with the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff, fold in, stir in the currants. Distribute the mixture over the sponge finger base.
Bake for approx. 1 hr. in the lower half of an oven preheated to 170°C. Remove, allow to cool, chill for 30 mins., lift out of the tin, cut into pieces.
- 2h 30 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 30m + Refrigerate: ca. 60m + Bake: ca. 60m
- Servings For 8 pieces
- Nutrition 387 Kcal