- 100 g sugar
- 2.5 dl water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 bunch basil (approx. 20 g), coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, use only the juice
- 3 tbsp. mild olive oil (e.g. Filippo Berio gusto delicato)
- g icing sugar to dust
- 2 organic lemon, use grated zest only
- 125 g white flour
Bring the water to the boil with the sugar, then reduce the heat and simmer for approx. 5 mins. Pour the liquid into a measuring jug and allow to cool completely. Add the basil and lemon juice, finely puree. Strain the mixture into a stainless steel bowl.
Freeze, covered, for about 3 hours. Stir well with a whisk attachment every hour.
Place the oil in a bowl and briefly stir with the sugar, salt, lemon zest and egg white until smooth. Add the flour, and mix quickly to create a soft dough – do not knead. Flatten the dough, cover and leave to chill for approx. 30 mins. Roll out the dough to a thickness of approx. 1 cm between a folded sheet of baking paper. Cut out circles each approx. 4 cm Ø, transfer to an oven tray lined with baking paper.
Bake for approx. 10 mins. in the centre of an oven preheated to 200°C. Remove from the oven, cool the biscuits on a cooling rack. Dust the lemon biscuits with icing sugar.
- 3h 20 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 40m + Freeze: ca. 120m + Refrigerate: ca. 30m + Bake: ca. 10m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 369 Kcal