- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- icing sugar to dust
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 panettoncino (mini panettone sweet bread) (approx. 90 g), cut into small cubes
- 50 g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 organic orange, use grated zest with juice (approx. 100 ml) set aside
- 25 g butter, cut into pieces, soft
- 4 sour apples (e.g. Braeburn, Idared)
- 150 g red currant jelly
- 1 cinnamon stick, cut in half
Mix the cubed Panettoncino well with the remaining ingredients and the butter. Slice a lid approx. 2 cm wide off the top of each apple, drizzle with a little lemon juice, cover and chill. Using an apple corer, remove the core and bud. Drizzle the cut surfaces with lemon juice. Distribute the Panettoncino nut mixture in and over the apples. In the prepared tin, thoroughly combine the currant jelly with the reserved orange juice. Add cinnamon sticks. Place the apples in the liquid.
Bake for approx. 20 mins. on the bottom rack of an oven preheated to 180°C. Add the apple lids and finish baking for approx. 15 mins. Arrange the apples with their lids. Dust the baked apples with icing sugar and serve with the jus.
- 1h Preparation/cooking time: ca. 25m + Bake: ca. 35m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 421 Kcal