- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. clarified butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- a little Tasmanian mountain pepper
- 20 g butter
- 4 sirloin steak (approx. 180 g each)
- 20 g carrots, cut into cubes
- 200 g lentils
- 20 g celery, cut into cubes
- 1 dl red wine (e.g. Shiraz)
- 3 dl vegetable bouillon
- 5 g liquorice drops
- 0.5 dl veal stock
- 1 cooked beets (approx. 200 g), cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 stick rhubarb (approx. 150 g), cut into cubes
- 1 tsp. pink peppercorns in oil
- tsp. salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 4 slices raw ham
Melt the butter, briefly sauté the lentils and vegetables, pour in the wine and stock, bring to the boil. After half the cooking time (see packet), add the licorice sweets, season, add the stock and finish cooking the lentils.
Place all the ingredients including the pink pepper in an oven-proof dish and cover with foil. Oven bake for approx. 20 mins. in the centre of an oven preheated to 120°C. Strain the liquid into a small pan, add the stock, season and reduce to a syrupy consistency.
Remove from the fridge one hour beforehand then slice lengthways into approx. 2 cm thick slices, pour over the soy sauce and briefly marinate. Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan, brown for approx. 1/2 minute each side, keep warm in an oven at 60°C for approx. 5 min.
Plate up: arrange the lentils, compote and meat on plates, pour over the sauce and garnish each dish with one strip of Lardo.
- 50 mins Preparation/cooking time: ca. 30m + Cook in the oven: ca. 20m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 758 Kcal