- 1 tsp. salt
- dl olive oil to baste
- 2 clove of garlic, pressed
- 5 tbsp. mixed herbs (e.g. marjoram, rosemary, thyme), finely chopped
- a little pepper from the mill
- 4 rib eye steak (approx. 180 g each)
- 16 sprig marjoram
- 16 sprig rosemary
- 16 sprig thyme
- kitchen twine to keep together
Mix all the ingredients well.
Brush the steak with the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for approx. 3 hours. Remove the meat from the refrigerator approx. 30 minutes before grilling, salt.
Spread half the herbs on a platter. Lay the steaks on the herbs and cover with the remaining herbs. Tie with kitchen string, brush with oil.
Grill approx. 2 minutes on each side over high heat. Push the meat to the edge or raise the grill rack, then grill 4-6 minutes over medium heat until the juice is reddish to pink in colour. Turn the steaks once or twice.
Grill approx. 2 minutes on each side over high heat. Reduce the heat, cook a further 4-6 minutes until done.
- 3h 25 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 15m + Marinate: ca. 180m + Grill: ca. 10m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 502 Kcal