- oil to fry
- salt and pepper to taste
- a little pepper
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 dl red wine
- 500 g beef ragout, cut into 2-cm cubes
- 1 tbsp. white flour
- 0.75 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 200 g carrots, cut into small cubes
- 300 g Chinese cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 dl meat bouillon
- 600 g waxy potatoes, cut into 5-mm-thick slices
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the meat in batches, dust with flour, brown all over for approx. 3 mins., season with salt. Remove, reduce the heat and wipe the cooking fat from the pan. Heat the butter in the same pan. Sauté the onions and garlic, add the carrots and remaining ingredients including paprika, and briefly sauté. Return the meat to the pan, pour in the wine, reduce by half. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, cover and braise on a low heat for approx. 2 hours. Remove the lid, allow the liquid to reduce a little for about 10 mins., season.
Combine the potatoes and oil, spread on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
Bake for approx. 15 mins. in the centre of an oven preheated to 220°C.
- 2h 35 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 20m + Braise: ca. 120m + Bake: ca. 15m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 373 Kcal