- salt and pepper to taste
- a little pepper
- 1 tbsp. clarified butter
- 4 medallions of beef fillet (approx. 150 g each)
- 8 sprig rosemary
- 100 g pitted prunes, cut into quarters
- 2 dl red port
- 20 g butter cut into small pieces, cold
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1.5 dl meat bouillon
- 1 star anise
- 4 cardamom pod, remove and use only the seeds
- 0.5 tbsp. brown Maizena Express cornflour
- 0.5 tsp. salt
Remove the meat from the fridge approx. 30 mins. prior to cooking. Place 2 rosemary sprigs around each medaillon and tie with cooking string.
Pour the port over the plums, cover and marinate for approx. 30 mins. Drain the plums, retaining the port (approx. 150 ml). Melt the butter and sauté the shallot. Add the retained port and stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat. Add the star anise and cardamom, reduce the liquid to approx. 200 ml. Strain the liquid, return to the pan and bring to the boil. Stir the cornflour into the hot liquid, cook for approx. 1 min. Set aside the pan. Stir in the butter in batches. Add the plums, heat through, season.
Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan. Season the meat, fry for approx. 3 mins. each side, remove, cover and leave to stand for approx. 5 mins. Serve the beef medaillons with the spicy jus and the plums.
- 1h 5 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 35m + Allow to brew: ca. 30m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 299 Kcal