UN Roundup - UN chief’s strongest appeal yet to tackle inequality
20 July 2020.
On today's UN Round-up:
1 - WHO's Covid19 update.
2 - On Saturday 18 July, the UN chief Antonio Guterres made his strongest appeal yet to tackle inequality during the Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture.
- “While we are all floating on the same sea, it’s clear that some are in
- superyachts while others are clinging to the drifting debris"
- - António Guterres, Secretary-General, UN
He also spoke about today's anti-racist movement and pointed to this historic source of inequality.
3 - CINEONU - public screening: 'Wake up on Mars' about refugees.
Scenario: In Sweden, a family from Kosovo faces the rejection of their asylum application. Faced with this situation, the youngest child in the family, Furkan, shows incredible resilience and sets out to build a spaceship as a horizon to all possibilities.
Watch the movie for free on Vimeo - AVAILABLE NOW until Wednesday 22 July at 18:00.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the password.
Also, join the discussion on Wednesday 22 July at 17:00 (CET) on "The impact of migration on mental health." with:
- • Dea Gjinovci, Director, Wake Up on Mars
- • Dr. Elisabeth Hultcrantz, Professor Emerita, Linköping University
- • Pieter Ventevogel, Senior Mental Health Officer, UNHCR
- • Moderator: Martin Nesirky, Director, UN Information Service, Vienna