Fete de la Musique tunes up
Fête de la Musique is nearing and the organisers are gearing up for a big weekend.
Sara Tappy from Chat Noir joins me to tell me what's in store from the Carouge venue that are setting up a stage and bar near Geneva's Cornavin station and why the festival is such a special event.
There’s jazz, classical, rock, dance, world music, blues, electro, pop, acapela, classic, ska, regae, hip-hop, afro-beat, metalcore, grunk, rock-blues, folk, funk, folky funky soul… yes quite literally every kind of music you could hope for.
Geneva's programme starts to heat up around 5pm on Friday and continues through until Sunday evening. For listings, check your local website. For example...
- Geneva - (Friday 19th - Sunday 21st June) www.ville-ge.ch/culture
- Carouge - (Friday 19th - Sunday 21st June) www.carouge.ch
- Lausanne (Friday 19th - Sunday 21st June) www.fetemusiquelausanne.ch
- Montreux (Sunday 21st June only) - www.fete-de-la-musique.ch
- Vevey - (Thursday 18th - Saturday 20th June) http://www.festivalocal.ch
Here's Sara to give us the insider info...