ABMS: The first EFMD certified online educational system in Switzerland
In Switzerland, until today, there are only 5 Higher Educational Institutes accredited/certified by EFMD quality labels.
EFMD called its new quality label "FIRST EUROPEAN QUALITY BENCHMARK FOR ONLINE COURSES" – “EFMD Online Course Certification System EOCCS".
As shown on the EFMD website the 5 are
- - Two Higher Educational Institutes in Lausanne, (for the on-campus accreditation)
- - One in St Gallen (for the on-campus accreditation)
- - One in Zurich (for the on-campus accreditation)
- - + ABMS for the Online system and online courses
ABMS is a young private independent university, established in 2013 and has within 4 years become the first and only until today to offer certified courses from one of the most prestigious European accreditation bodies for business accreditation.
Until today only 10 European Higher Education Institutes were able to achieve this quality label for their online study program. (source EFMD)
- - ABMS Open University Switzerland, Switzerland
- - BI Norwegian Business School, Norway
- - Grenoble Ecole de Management, France
- - HEC Paris, France
- - Henley Business School, UK
- - Hult International Business School, UK
- - IE Business School, Spain
- - The Open University Business School, UK
- - The University of Liverpool Management School, UK
- - Sberbank Corporate University, Russia
We could consider the above list as the pilot institutions for the future of a high-quality online education.
It is important to mention here, that ABMS is certified by, and holds accreditations from, Swiss EduQua, ASIC UK, ECBE Belgium, and ISO.
Written by: Prof. Dr. Habib Al Souleiman, PhD, DBA, EMBA, MBA, MLaw, BA Hons